Тема: Quotes
Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 28.03.2019, 19:04   #22
Che
Старожил

Che мозаика мираChe мозаика мираChe мозаика мираChe мозаика мираChe мозаика мираChe мозаика мираChe мозаика мираChe мозаика мираChe мозаика мираChe мозаика мираChe мозаика мира
My mother was upset at the thought of my 'acting bad people', because she thought this would corrupt me. (In fact, except in school plays, she hardly ever saw me act.) I wonder if such corruption ever occurs? The question is worth asking. To some extent one has to 'identify' with villains in order to portray them, but there are limits to this identification partly because wickedness is so specialized. (Every actor has a level at which he cannot portray character. He may operate above it or below it.) And we are masked figures; ideally the masks barely touch us. (Such is my view, with which some fools will differ.) I recall a story of an old actor asked to portray an old man, who said with dismay, 'But I've never played an old man!' That was professionalism.

The Sea, the Sea by Iris Murdoch

Книга очень неспешно разворачивается, слой за тонким слоем, соврешенно не понятно, о чем она будет. Может быть о чем угодно.
Che вне форума   Ответить с цитированием